We’ve just released DDEV-Local v0.19.0! This release has several user experience (UX) and developer experience (DX) improvements we think you’ll enjoy.
Here are a few highlights:
- UX: Added Support for Win 10 Home.
- This means Win 10 Home users can try DDEV now.
- DX: Allow environment variables to propagate into the webserver container.
- This is important for CMSes like TYPO3 where the application can now use this value in order to change behavior between environments.
- DX: “ddev describe” should show direct ephemeral port/URL via localhost.
- This has been a feature request for those that wish to use DDEV-Local in a non-interactive way. Combined with the “-j” flag to return output in JSON, this is a powerful way to create scripts against the binary to perform automated tests and operations
- DX: Fix issues with duplicated hostnames.
- When we introduced the multi-hostname functionality, we were not checking for duplicate entries, which caused issues with the DDEV router. Now duplicated entries within a project are ignored.
- DX: Add .mysql to allowable database extensions for import.
- This was necessary for Drupal users who use the backup_migrate module.
This release includes a variety of bug fixes as well. We’ve addressed regressions on Linux support, moved the Docker image definitions into the repository, and performed upgrades to our testing infrastructure. We also did a significant amount of work under the hood in preparation for the DDEV roadmap.
For full details check out the DDEV-Local v0.19 Release Notes.
Events: Meet the DDEV Team
We’ll be sponsoring, volunteering at, and speaking at events this summer across the US and Europe. Check out the DDEV events calendar, we’d love to meet you.