Our vision is simple and not so simple at the same time: Advancing Developer Communities.
We are a thriving part of the open source community working to advance developers and their communities beyond where they are today. Together we can paint a picture of what tomorrow can & should be:
A world where we are all helping each other grow stronger, build faster and achieve solutions in a collaborative way. That’s what DDEV is all about.
DDEV empowers users who seek the freedom to choose tools and platforms that support the way they want to work.
We're open source community members
- The nature of the DDEV platform, from dev to deploy, is collaborative. We are strong believers in the principles and benefits of open source software, and draw inspiration from the communities we support as providers and as contributors.
- Through DDEV-Local we have connected with a remarkable variety of open source CMS communities. Thank you to each of you who has contributed a guide for “Getting started with DDEV and [open source CMS].” It’s truly wonderful to see these.
- We also participate in the open source communities many of us have been members of outside of our work with DDEV. We have strong Drupal roots, as well as Kubernetes, Docker, and lots more.
- In building DDEV-Live, we are also grateful to those other open source communities for collaborating with us to create additional support and functionality that will benefit other providers and users in the future.
Learning from users at all stages
- DDEV-Local would not be what it is without the contributions of the community. The issue queue is full of discussions, deliberations, and awesome contributions to the project, and we are honored to work directly with so many of you.
- Each contributor (be it code, comments, reviews, or bug reports) helps add to the project and improve it for everyone.
- We’re very proud to support users at all stages of the development process, from someone just trying out TYPO3 in a local development environment for the first time, to someone deploying to their custom Kubernetes cluster.
- DDEV-Live hosting has been built from the ground up to support specific requests from the earliest users on the platform, to whom we are especially grateful.
- We have a lot to learn in a lot of ways. Our intent is to provide a platform that helps any user succeed in a highly competitive online landscape. We are beginning to measure the impact that our technical work has.
- Our Pledge: In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as contributors and maintainers pledge to make participation in our project and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
- We dedicate the time of the DDEV team to supporting members of our larger ecosystem of open source communities in any way we can. This includes mentoring at Contribution events or spending time one on one online troubleshooting.
- We’re pretty excitable about processes, documentation, and all those *Ops theories, but only when they work for everyone involved. Our approach is to try it out, gather experiences from participants, then iterate and improve until it’s truly useful. One size does not fit all.
Helping you succeed
- DDEV integrates approaches, tools and workflows along with best practices for teams who need predictability and reliability as environments grow more complex.
- As the DDEV platform matures, we are also eager to support and sponsor more community oriented websites (such as Drupal Camps, which are run largely by volunteers), and leverage the true differentiators of the platform to deliver scalable, transparent, affordable hosting for organizations that can realize the greatest benefits for their users.
- We are helpers and partners, sharing ideas and listening carefully to our communities so that we achieve our collective goal: helping everyone succeed. It’s a tall order to work on one small step at a time.
- If we solve common challenges together, we can do a lot of good for a lot of people very quickly.